[SWLUG] disheartened

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Feb 22 11:55:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:05:20AM +0000 or thereabouts, Rhys Sage wrote:

> Obviously, I can't continue with a server that won't
> respond or work in a logical manner. Looks like if XP
> won't talk to Linux, I'll have to find a pirate copy
> of XP server.                            ^^^^^^

This from the same man who said that Linux is popular
with the longhaired unwashed because "it was free":

  [snip]
  Linux is popular among the long-haired, unwashed, geeky
  community and as a cheap server O/S. Exactly why it's popular
  are for 3 reasons:
  1. It's free (many of the long-haired and unwashed geeks
  don't have jobs).
  [snip]

Seems even consultants aren't averse to free as in no-cost.

As a long-haired unemployed type who has not yet had her
shower today, I'll point out that "free" to a lot of us
does not mean "stuff I can pirate".

Telsa