[SWLUG] Responses

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 12:50:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 13:01, andrew sprott wrote:
> I have a Psion serial cable and a Garmin Serial cable, but I don't know if
> I can simply connect them straight through pin per pin.

There are two genders of rs232, as well as and seperate to the two sexes
of connector used, but theres no easy way to tell exactly which each end
is really without trying it.

its either going to be straight through,
or its going to be a cross over (aka null-modem)

circuit diagrams for both are widely available, and if your solderings
not upto it you can buy small widgets to do all possible combinations
from places like maplin or cpc.