[SWLUG] Linux on Mac hardware

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Tue Jun 15 09:36:27 UTC 2004

Morning all.

It looks like I might be getting my hands on an 800MHz G4 Mac - it's
four years old now and it doesn't get used in the office any more.
Whilst hating MacOS and Mac hardware in general, it's very well suited
to become a Debian (or maybe Yellow Dog or Gentoo) box, with its 320Mb
of RAM and rather nice graphics card. And with no fan on the processor,
it'd make a lovely quiet workstation for me.

(OSX, whilst being very nice and all, isn't an option. I don't want it,
pure and simple.)

So. Anybody tried installing a flavour of Linux on Mac hardware? If so,
any practical advice? The only thing I can be sure of right now is that
it's pointless trying to install WINE =)

Steve

--
|  Steve Anderson has a blog  |