[SWLUG] ADSL Modem on USB in Debian

Foeh Mannay f.mannay at ntlworld.com
Thu May 13 20:55:28 UTC 2004

Hi, Tony.

A good first thing to look up is eciadsl - it's a userland modem driver
that works with a fair collection of USB ADSL modems. I'm ashamed to
admit I ran a Fujitsu USB ADSL modem for quite a while and, although it
needed some options compiled into the kernel (not sure, some of them
may be in the default kernel but they weren't in my home rolled one),
it worked very well. Provided I left DMA enabled for the hard drive
controllers it was not a problem.

I don't know of any other way of getting USB ADSL modems working.

Best of luck!

Foeh