[SWLUG] Installing programme's

Alun alun.pd1 at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 13 19:27:18 UTC 2004

I have given up on Wine, no great loss you guys would say ho hum.

Still cant understand how to install a package, the rpm's are easy enough i
just put them through Yast and thats it.

So still practicing, I wanted to download and run a game I found, I have it
in a windows programme its called tanks so as I knew how to play it thought
I would give it a go.

Its got an extension of .tar.gz

Now I understand that the gz stands for a zip programme and the .tar is the
extention for tape archive.

What I need to know now is how do I turn this list of programme lines into
the actual game.

I have saved the downloaded programme to a games folder I made on my
desktop, I lso right clicked the file and I thinkit extracted it to another
file inside this games file.

Can anyone tell me just what and where I have to type an instruction to
install/make and run it.

Thanks, I may be a while responding to any messages as I am away on course
next week, but thanks

Alun