[SWLUG] Wine I cant find it

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 09:15:40 UTC 2004

On 20:46 Wed 13 Oct     , Paul G. Richardson wrote:
> Alun,
>
> If yast requires libc.so.6 (glibc_2.3.4) then it is doubtful whether
> your wine installation will work correctly as this is a fundamental
> library for most linux distros I have encountered (renders the graphic
> parts of apps I think).

Even more fundamental than that :) It's the C standard library, not a lot
will work without it. glibc refers to the GNU implementation used on most
Linux distributions.

The problem here is likely the particular version that Wine has been
compiled to use. A command something like:

rpm -q glibc

Will reveal the particular version installed on your machine. (For RPM
based distros like Red Hat, SuSE etc.).

Have you tried installing all the latest updates from SuSE?

regards,

Bryn.