[SWLUG] semi-OT but *nix related

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 7 23:00:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 23:48 +0100, Adam Rykala wrote:
> Does anyone know of any good sites (besides www.freebsd.org ;-)
> that outline a good sort of transition type scenario from Linux to *BSD?

While I'm afraid I don't know any such sites, I remember once finding a
great step by step guide to setting up FreeBSD as a NAT firewall with
tripwire, ipf and a bunch of other hardened services. I can't find it
any more but if anyone knows what it was called perhaps they'd like to
post it?

I did find this, though, while I was trying to dig up the other
document:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2004/11/11/FreeBSD_Basics.html

It's a Linux & FreeBSD differences page, not sure how much help it would
be but it does seem to focus on issues like where the startup scripts
live so it could be handy.

Foeh