[SWLUG] semi-OT but *nix related

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:25:42 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 11:48 PM, Adam Rykala <adam at rykala.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm currently playing with FreeBSD to learn more about it and I am
> seriously considering swapping my gateway machine here over to it in the
> summer. Does anyone know of any good sites (besides www.freebsd.org ;-)
> that outline a good sort of transition type scenario from Linux to *BSD?

apart from the obvious (which you can find in print via oreilly):

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

when i was new to fbsd and didn't know the location or how things
worked i came across this, which did prove useful on occasion and
might have something of worth:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/

other than that it's the usual for me - mailing lists, google.groups,
etc.  its quite easy to get up and running with any type of unix
background.  btw, can i ask why fbsd and not obsd as a router? or was
that a hardware choice rather than software?  just interested... i
quite like playing about with stuff like that.

cheers,