[SWLUG] Very odd message on Google groups

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 22:40:07 UTC 2005

Logged on to NTL broad band I am getting this.
I am not sending automated requests.
What do others make of it?

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
Google.