[SWLUG] Aldi TV Card

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 11:47:25 UTC 2005

I've been using a Leadtek Winfast VC100 card on Fedora. No TV tuner but great for video capture for webcam function. £20 delivered from Ebuyer. Out of stock at the mo unfortunately. The card is based on the Hauppauge (bt878) chipset.

The thing to bear in mind is the picture quality. If you want to burn DVD's make sure it can do MPEG-2 or 4. I'm not sure which one (Perhpas someone can clarify) but the point is that there are some low quality cards out there which are fine for web pages or small avi's etc but not really good enough for DVD's.

I'm waiting on a Winfast TV2000XP Expert card which is available from Ebuyer (When they go some more stock) or PC World online for about £40 delivered. I'm pretty sure it's the same chipset so I'm expecting good things of it.

Terry