[SWLUG] Re: Discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 20

Alun alun.pd1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 27 13:21:18 UTC 2005

Hi Guy's

I have deleted the digest as it was getting too long and just repeating
itself,

The question you all seem to be asking me is what exactly am I trying to do.

Basically I have Mandrake installed on my computer but the mouse is frozen
mid screen and will not move, if I could somehow get to the start button
(windows term) I could then get to the system setup and alter the settings
for the mouse, but it wont go to the task bar (windows term).

Although this will shortly be academic as I got hold of a boxed copy of SUSE
9.1 profesional from Ebay, it was only £10.00 +pp I know I dont need such an
advanced copy as I wont be doing programming any day soon, it has the books
it it which will help me and my questioning mind.

I am no expert on windows but I have taught myself not to fear it and I
broke it countless of times when I first had it by saying what happens
if.......

The same is happening with Linux, problem is I have no books to read to even
show me where the command line is in the programme to try and configure
things.

Perhaps the books will help me know better in the future as I am a believer
in RTFM. LOL

Thanks again