[SWLUG] Employment agencies

Lyn David Thomas lyn at trebute.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 07:33:29 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 22:41, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2005 at 18:45, Matt Hill wrote:
> > local gov't are living in the dark ages and advertise through the job
> > centre. The last time I checked, the jobsearch on their website didnt
> > work in anything that wasnt IE.
>
> And that's why I can't totally junk IE for Firefox...and so can't go to
> Linux full time..
>
> IE has Jobcentreplus as home page...Firefox has my real home page!

We need everyone to regularly have a go at the Job Centre for this piece of
idiocy.   Their argument is that IE is used by everyone and that it would be
too expensive to change their system now.  Also it will only work with IE 5.5
and above - not everyone has that, and I'd be willing to bet the proportion
of people with older versions of IE is higher in the unemployed than in the
rest of the population.
--
Lyn David Thomas