[SWLUG] Windows explorer in Linux

Alun alun.pd1 at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 13 14:39:46 UTC 2005

In windows I can open windows explorer as a tree and see all the
programmes/folders I have created or are listed on the system.

If I install a programme it goes into the programme folder if I want to I
can access it easily and perhaps move bits of it about.

Also if I install a programme it installs a start icon in my start,
programmes, folder from the desktop start button.

How do I get a programme to install or to move a start icon to the relative
folder in Linux, like I have installed Mozzilla as I like using the
programme and also installed  installed Opera as it is the only one I can
get to work on internet banking (Woolwich Bank) to get it to run however I
have togo tom start run and type in the name of the programme I want
started.

How do I get the start icon to the internet folder in the programme start
section..

Have I made myself clear?

Thanks