[SWLUG] Re: Run from CD Linux

Gareth Bowker tgb at tgb.org.uk
Wed Mar 16 14:03:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 13:29 +0000, Rhys Sage wrote:

> Any solutions to getting that hard drive out. I'm
> trying to get it without trashing the computer but if
> I must, there's a hacksaw in the garage. The data's
> important - the computer's not.

I went to dell.co.uk and spent at most two minutes searching (would have
been quicker if I had the number that's on the barcode on top of your
machine) and found:

http://docs.euro.dell.com/docs/systems/dsleest/rr.htm

From there, click on "Hard Drives" and it'll give you a spiffy diagram
to work from too.

Easy.

If the machine doesn't match the diagram, I'd suggest that someone's
been fiddling inside the machine too, not just with the software on it.

Gareth