[SWLUG] Help with system problems 1

linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 13:40:56 UTC 2005

pete at smtl.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
>     linlist2> At boot up. If I have't shutdown properly, which I cannot
>     linlist2> do at present, ....
>
> is the behaviour such that you run shutdown from the gnomelogin screen,
> and it hangs wehn trying to kill off all processes ?
>
> If so, make sure you do a Suse online upgrade - we used to get this on
> our dual boot home machine, but it stopped playing up a week or two ago
> after I got the latest online updates.
>
> Pete

No this isn't the problem. I have a series of pics I have taken that are being downloaded on to my Windose system from the camera as I type. I have 888 pics to download as this includes everything I took last week on a trip to Berlin.

Basically on boot up I have error messages and a very dark screen with some white folders and nothing I really recognise as a gnome screen at all.

I was having disk full messages but I had thought I had solved that by deleting some failry large unwanted files which I had just created trying to solve another problem.

Neil Jones