[SWLUG] help part2 Gnome not starting

linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 14:06:00 UTC 2005

As I mentioned in my earlier emails my Gnome system won't start up.

Here are the screen pictures I am getting

1 http://www.butterflyguy.com/Dscn8965.jpg
This is the error message I am getting on entering Gnome.

2. http://www.butterflyguy.com/Dscn8966.jpg
This is the detail of the error message.

It is talking of a CORBA error

3. http://www.butterflyguy.com/Dscn8967.jpg
This is what the screen actually looks like after entering Gnome.

THe pictures aren't exactly marvelous but I have to reboot between taking them and loading onto the computer.

I had been having problems with a full disk and the machine had been left on for a while before the problem developed. I noticed it in the early hours when I woke up to realise I could still hear the computer's fan turning
In the next room.

Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk