[SWLUG] Codepage problems with PuTTY

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 09:59:48 UTC 2005

On Putty

Go to Change Settings/Window/Translation

If you look at the drop-down "Received data assumed to be character
set". It will probably say ISO-8859:1998(Latin-1,West Europe)

Try changing it to UTF-8.

Alternatively you code change you default codepage on your server but
I'm not sure how to do that, besides UTF-8 seems to be the flavour of
the future.

Terry