[SWLUG] Anglo-welsh relations in the modern day

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 13:01:42 UTC 2005

On 12 Nov 2005, at 08:51, Peter Prior wrote:

> I think it has something to do with making them hang pieces of wood
> around their necks for speaking their own language and not allowing
> them
> to own a printing press for 300 years.
>
> Just a guess.
>
> On the plus side, apparently it is still legal to murder a Welsh
> person
> in Hereford as long as it's on a Sunday, within the confines of the
> cathedral courtyard, and you are using a longbow at an approximate
> distance of 12 yards.
>

> Pete

Your Honour.

My client was enjoying a sunny day shopping in Hereford, and he chose
a Sunday to avoid the queue's just before Christmas. He was
aggravated because he was just about to buy a "My little archery set"
for his son's present, when this man, with wanton and reckless
Welshness I must add, bought the last one in the shop, and then
taunted him with "It's mine now, innit" and "Listen boyo, first come
first served - stick that in your Cwmaman and smoke it butty!"

The fight that ensued ended up with my client running off with the
Archery set after a tussle. He then ran off, and remembering the law,
shot Emyr "Taffy" O'Jones dead with the archery set as he went to
enter the churchyard after him.

We plead innocent to murder, and remind the court of the law.

--

Adam Rykala

Tall ships and tall kings
Three times three
What brought they from the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones
And one white tree