[SWLUG] K3B 0.11.16 and multi session

Stephen stephanos at writeme.com
Mon Nov 14 22:01:25 UTC 2005

Dear All

Thanks to those who pointed me in the direction of K3B, which allows
multisession burning to CD.

I have attempted to use this tool and when I started with a new CD-R
that I wanted to burn to many times I was able to burn to it once but
not reburn.

I did the following:
Started K3B
I inserted the new blank CDR
Browsed to the hard drive and selected files
Dragged files to lower pane
Clicked Burn icon, not CD Copy icon
Went to second tab - Settings and chose Multisession and Datatrack mode
of Auto.  The rest of the options were not clear to me.
Pressed Burn
"Writing successfully finished"
Lovely buggle music

However, two things caught my eye:
1)  The burn session window confirmed that it was an ISO9660 Filesystem
2)) Below "Writing successfully finished" was the message "Average
overall write speed: 0KB/s (0.00x)"

I tried to view the content of the CD in Konqueror but alas an error
message said "mount: I could not determine the file system type, and non
was specified.  Please check that the disc is entered correctly"

Windows sees it as a full disc but with no files on it.

So I tried to burn to it again
I went into K3B
Clicked on the DVD list in the right pane
It said "Trying to fetch information about the disc
Could not mount device,  mount: I could not determine the file system
type, and non was specified"
I was only able to chose the CD Copy option.

Sometimes but not always the above messages would appear and so would
the Burn icon.  However, after dragging new files into the lower pane
and pressing the Burn icon the multisession window said:
"1)  Searching previous session
  2)  Could not determine size of resulting image file
  3)  Size calculated: 0 Blocks"
and then makes a sad noise and fails.

I tried reading the online manual but this only describes how to burn a
copy of a CD and says nothing about all the options available.

Well whay to do ?

Any help appreciated

Stephen