[SWLUG] introduction

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 05:44:40 UTC 2005

Hi Pete,

Welcome aboard.

> My name is Pete Phillips, and I run an NHS medical device testing lab in
> Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend.

If you ever get down to A&E, say hi to my wife - she's the scary
looking consultant
with spiky hair. She uses Linux too, and she seems to frighten the IT
support guys in the POW quite a bit.

What sort of 'devices' do you test? It sounds like interesting work.

 > I use Linux for everything, except music composition, when I have to use a
> proprietary Windows programme. (shrug) :-(

Music and video apps are the only things I currently use Windows for
also. Which program can't you live without? I finally gave up trying
to get my former employer to build Linux support for their video /
graphics / audio editing kit - it was too much like banging my head
against the wall. I did better getting Linux supported on medical
imaging hardware though (albeit closed source).

All the best,

Glenn