[SWLUG] Re: New mwmber Music composition

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 13:02:59 UTC 2005

>>>>> "studio-64" == studio-64  <fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk> writes:

    studio-64> Hi Pete Nice to hear from you.  Re the music I have been
    studio-64> using Ardour/jamin for music comp on my Linux box (
    studio-64> Redhat - planet and Studio to go - Debian)

Yeah - I have done a small bit with ardour, and use audacity regularly
for editing audio (I record concerts and radio 4 comedy on my iriver,
and edit them on audacity), but my main need is for a music notation
programme for composition and arrangements, and although I have tested
quite a number, at present they all fall way behind what is available on
windows. :-( I haven't looked at linux music notation for around 6
months though.

    studio-64> They have both been working well.  Studio to go play out
    studio-64> of the box from CD but is very easy to load to HD.  Uses
    studio-64> KDE desktop which I dont like myself.

Is studio to go the thing that the European Commission funded ? (I seem
to recall some project to put a bunch of music s/w together on a
bootable CD).

Agree with you on KDE. GNOME is my pref (cleaner, less clutter).

Pete