[SWLUG] linux newbie

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:57:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

On 06/09/05, Steve Anderson <steve at twindx.com> wrote:

> Now, I am afraid that this conversation has missed one _enormous_
> point....
>
> Coffee!!

You beat me to it.

> And there are finer points to coffee also.  For simply getting through
> the day, almost any brand of instant will do.

Whaaaah...splutter. No. For *me* to get through the day requires at
least three large espressos, made from fresh ground beans (ok, so
that bit is just a bit wanky) and produced in my beloved Gaggia. No
milk, no sugar, and as for standing a spoon up in it, the steel corrodes
on the way in, so that's academic.

It means enough that I passed on a major CPU upgrade to buy
a better coffee machine.

>And if you are a
> connoisseur, the choices are immense.  Ground coffee, as expresso,
> latte, cappuccino, americano.. the list goes on.  And then you can have
> Columbian, African, South American.. the ammount of blends is never
> ending.

Segafredo, every time. Waaaay too expensive though.

> So enough of this tea nonsense - Coffee is the drink to preach about!

Too true. Personally, I don't do tea. There's no HOWTO for a start,
so I don't know how to make it.

Regards,

Glenn.