[SWLUG] linux newbie

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Tue Sep 6 21:51:07 UTC 2005

Glenn Booth wrote:

> It means enough that I passed on a major CPU upgrade to buy
> a better coffee machine.

I saw this a while ago: http://www.exaflop.org/docs/x86still/
Someone used an old 233MHz K6 to distill rum, using the heat from the
processor to vapourise cheap rum, and the fan assembly to cool it, and
pummeled the processor to get it nice and hot.

IIRC Espresso machines involve making a whole load of steam. I can see a
two bird, one stone situation forming here! You could get a nice strong
coffee and generate some MD5 hashes at the same time...

> Too true. Personally, I don't do tea. There's no HOWTO for a start,
> so I don't know how to make it.

I Googled for one earlier today.

http://home.fazekas.hu/~nagydani/rth/Russian-tea-HOWTO-v2.html

It's a little exotic though. Seeing as it's GPLed I might have to use it
as a basis for a more Western distro...

Steve