[SWLUG] Any good computer stores near Cardiff?

Ian Hill i.a.hill at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Sat Sep 24 09:04:47 UTC 2005

On 9/24/05, Rhys Hardwick <rhys at rhyshardwick.co.uk> wrote:

> If you know Cardiff at all, you can wander down City Road and Crwys
> Road, and find about 20 computer shops. I don't know how good they are,
> but one I would recommend is Maplin Electronics on City Road. You can
> see what they sell online at www.maplin.co.uk <http://www.maplin.co.uk/>.
>
> Rhys

'fraid not, actually. Maplin Cardiff is now in the retail park on Newport
Road (opposite PC World). All they seem to have done is taken all the stock
they crammed into their tiny old shop, and spaced it out into a MUCH larger
one! They don't stock *huge* amounts of computer gear, but they may well
have whatever you need.

The comment about the rest of Crwys Road/City Road is correct, but I think
the quality varies.

Ian