[SWLUG] php-5.1.2 where the hell?

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 13:54:15 UTC 2006

I am working with a new virtual server.
It has php and mysql installed. Undortunately the PHP 5installation turns off
the mysql modules by default.
The answer is obvious install the php again and set the modules on.
Well the server came like this and appears to have used RPM to install it.
This, I can hear you all saying is no problem just download php and install it.

The problem is WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET IT FROM?
Sorry to sound so annoyed but this one has really got me down. PHP world standard software and I can't download a copy!!!!

The server is running Centos ( a Red hat copy without the trade marked name)
and PHP.net very kindly say they do not offer Linux downloads since we can get them from the distros download section. OH yeh! where? :-) Googling until my arms are nearly dropping off has found nothing. PHP.net may have source code but I can't download it because of time outs.

Here are the basic questions

PHP has been installed with "--without-mysql' '-" in its configuration as shown by
the phpinfo(); statement.I don't think I can get the RPM to incorporate it.
Please tell me how if I am wrong

Alternatively if anyone does know where I can get PHP ( preferably php-5.1.2-1 as that is what is currently installed or any other way to solve the problem can you please tell me

I have something I have been working on for a long long time being held up by minor niggling configuration problems that have been holding me back for the best part of a week.

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk