[SWLUG] php-5.1.2 where the hell?

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 13:58:45 UTC 2006

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk wrote:
> The server is running Centos ( a Red hat copy without the trade marked name)
> and PHP.net very kindly say they do not offer Linux downloads since we can get them from the distros download section. OH yeh! where? :-) Googling until my arms are nearly dropping off has found nothing. PHP.net may have source code but I can't download it because of time outs.

Which version of CentOS are you using and which repositories have you
configured? CentOS 4.3 maxes out at 4.4.2 (or 4.3.9, not sure which).

Also, does it have the mysqli extensions installed, as they have
superseded the mysql ones, and are required if you which to use more
advanced features with MySQL 5+ (such as the new password management).

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.17-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  up 1 day, 22:03, 0 users, load average: 0.53, 1.18, 1.78

                                                           ~ Jay Leno