[SWLUG] Thanks SWLUG

Dick Bain dick.bain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:50:40 UTC 2006

On 04/08/06, Ace Ironballs <ace_ironballs at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks to all the people who sent me a message - really nice to know there
> are helpful people out there. I am off on holiday for 2 weeks now [ camping
> in Tenby for 4 days, and with my luck, i'm expecting flash floods and
> thunderstorms]  Then i will get stuck into Ubuntu on my return, i will
> probably end up throwing the computer through the patio doors by this time
> next week. Somebody recommended i try puppy linux - so i have a disc winging
> its way to me [nothing wrong with starting at the bottom is there?]

Mark
I have puppy linux running on a P120 with 64Mb ram and a 2Gb hard
drive and onboard graphics it works fine. In time you will want to try
and improve it cos the desktop is a little primitive but for a
beginner it is OK.
happy holidays
Dick

--
free/libre/open, software for the people by the people