[SWLUG] linux-friendly internet connectors

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 22:58:33 UTC 2006

On 10 Jan 2006 at 0:35, Foeh Mannay wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 18:00 +0000, Pete Phillips wrote:
> > I use a netgear DG834G wireless router.
>
> I use a DG824M, which I believe is the predecessor to the above. It's
> the biggest piece of junk I've ever had the misfortune to use (good

I have a DG834G and have no trouble at all, but then I don't allow anything
incoming from the net (unless, of course, something outgoing has invited it).  This is
not quite true, because I allow Bittorrent requests when I'm getting a file that way.

However, getting a router is not the end of all problems.  The problems only
transfer to getting the network card working.  Luckily modern distros like Ubuntu detect
most cards.

Tony