[SWLUG] Ubuntu

Michael Parker Michael.Parker at wbs.wales.nhs.uk
Mon Jul 3 11:08:47 UTC 2006

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:41:12 +0100
> From: "Gerald Davies" <gerald.davies at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [SWLUG] Another new person!
> To: SWLUG <discuss at swlug.org>
>
> On 6/30/06, Steve Smith <steve.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are there any fellow Ubuntu people around here?
> >

> I have it installed on my laptop.  I'm sure others on the list use it
too.

I found Ubuntu came in handy when my house-mate's laptop (running XP)
stopped booting. Boot it from the live CD, set up the network, share the
"my documents" folder from his laptop, copy the files to another pc on
the network. Bob c'est ton Uncle (Bob? My uncle's name is Nelson
</orange ad>)

Excellent stuff.

Mike