[SWLUG] Ubuntu

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 19:48:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 03/07/06, Michael Parker <Michael.Parker at wbs.wales.nhs.uk> wrote:

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:41:12 +0100
> > From: "Gerald Davies" <gerald.davies at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [SWLUG] Another new person!
> > To: SWLUG <discuss at swlug.org>
> >
> > On 6/30/06, Steve Smith <steve.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any fellow Ubuntu people around here?

 Yup. Five machines here running Ubuntu. two servers (one very beta, and
misbehaving due to my incessant tinkering) three desktops and
wifey's Asus laptop. Er..ok, six. That leaves one lingering Mandriva
box that I can't be bothered to change.

The 6.06 upgrade was a bit unpredictable - varying levels of success on
each of the machines, but they all got sorted eventually.

I'm currently trying to work out the fiddly bits of the LAMP server install
for Dapper, and some weirdness with the apt-get version of Drupal. I
should have just gone with the latest tarball!

Regards,

Glenn.