[SWLUG] Apache PHP modules

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 21:56:03 UTC 2006

Peter Bradley wrote:
> (Hope that formats OK)

:)

I had a similar problem with a recent upgrade from PHP4 to PHP5 on one
of my companies servers - the php4 directory (/usr/lib/php4 IIRC) was
still in the php.ini file and php5 directory (just /usr/lib/php) was
needed. So, I did both options - removed the php4 directory and
symlinked it with the php/ one, while updating the php.ini to the new one.

Works fine now :)

But, that's not your problem...

> So I don't think a symlink is going to work.

Fair enough - it you still have files in both, they're both needed.

> The files under /usr/lib64/php/extensions are the shared object files
> (such as mysql.so).

> The files under /usr/lib64/php5/extensions are executable files (such as
> mysql)

Must admit - I find it very unusual that they'd just be executables -
esp. for stuff like MySQL as it's all built in (or at least should be!).
However, looking at the error message may give some clues:

Module compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20041030, debug=0, thread-safety=0

The API values parse as dates, and given that 2002 is around the time of
PHP4, and 2004 is the time of PHP5, it looks like your system it trying
to load PHP4 modules into PHP5 - hence the error.

Can you check to make sure your CGI PHP is at version 5, or (probably
better) that all your PHP installations (and associated modules, if
installed separately) are at the version.

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.15-gentoo-r1-djnauk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                       ~ Phil Hartman