[SWLUG] postfix errors, help please

Geraint Edwards gedge-lists at yadn.org
Fri Jul 21 07:58:15 UTC 2006

bascule <asura at theexcession.co.uk> said
		(on Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:05:24AM +0100):
>  Out: 451 Error: queue file write error
>
> i'd like to know that this error actually means :)

The mail log should tell you in more detail why it couldn't store
the mail (it's been given the e-mail, and is trying to add it to
its queue, but failed, so temporarily rejected the e-mail).

I would suspect the usual:  a full disc, file permissions, or a
broken (spam or virus) filter.

Without seeing the logs, or the output from 'df', it's hard to say.  ;-)

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org