[SWLUG] Screen resolution

pbhj (swlug) swlug at alicious.com
Wed Jun 14 19:39:10 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 20:11, Rhys Hardwick wrote:
> > I can change the resolution to anything I like and save the new
> > configuration, but when I restart the X Server, to see the changes, the
> > setting has returned to 800 x 600.
>
> Which tool are you using to change your resolution.  If it is within
> user-space, it will not affect the global xorg/xfree configuration.

Can't remember if we top- or bottom-post here ...

Anyway, if you're using KDE the little screen widget reapplies the requested setttings when KDE starts. It's user-space. You get the same functionality from Kcontrol in the Peripherals > Display section.

But, other than that, like Rhys says mess with your xorg.conf (or whatever).

Just thought I'd mention it.

pbhj
-- Linux ixthus 2.6.16.13pbhj #1 PREEMPT Fri May 5 21:37:32 BST 2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux