[SWLUG] Routing?

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:02:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 13/09/06, alanh <alanh at bryngwyn.carmarthen.sch.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> looking for some help with a project.....
>
> I've set up a new linux server at  school, it's running samba on two
> seperate networks (main school network and the music dept network)
> which works just fine, pupils can save and retrieve files from the
> server on either of our two networks. Diagram shown below ;-
>
> [(School network) 192.168.10.x] -----------[192.168.10.14 (Server
> asgard)  192.168.20.1]------------[192.168.20.x (music dept network)]

I'm not sure if I've understood the network topology correctly, but it
might be as simple as telling Asgard to forward ipv4 between its
two ethernet cards. Haven't done it manually in a while, but it
would be along the lines of:

(depending on your distro).

or... I may have totally misunderstood :-)

Regards,

Glenn.