[SWLUG] Open PVRs [ was petition against BBC's Windows-only iPlayer]

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 17:05:35 UTC 2007

Philip Barnes wrote:
> Hi Julian
> Not sure if this will be any help to you, but this is how mine works
Hi Phil,

I should have been more explicit :)  I have a standalone HD DVD recorder
connected to my incoming cable TV line.  The HD recorder plugs into my
VC100.  All the card needs to be able to do is display the incoming
video signal.  The capture as such is all done by the HD recorder.

It's visible in Linux in lspci and in the Xandros 3.0 Control Panel
(Xandros is Debian based btw).  The chipset is a BT878 which I know is a
standard chipset - that's where my old card fell down, a Pinnacle
DC10+B.. the 'B' meaning it has a proprietary Bendino chip onboard which
Pinnacle refuse outright to give anyone the specs for.

All I need to know really is how and which, modules to load and
configure to allow the card to operate as a simple video device in Linux
taking the feed off my recorder.  I already know it is card no. 114 in
BTTV (or V4L?  I forget which :)).

Kind regards,

Julian