[SWLUG] Broadband

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 14:58:07 UTC 2007

Dave Cridland wrote:
> I (still) use Zen's good old fashioned Home 500, with a good old
> fashioned Speedtouch USB slug. They give me a routed /29 - fun for
> all the family - and I have yet to stump their technical support with
> a question. My questions are not normally simple. My parents also use
> them, and they answer my mother's questions to her satisfaction too.
>
> Zen, by the simple method of not joining the price wars, are no
> longer the cheapest, but one of the more expensive. I'm quite happy
> with this, as the extra is well worth the cost. I know a few people
> who've moved away because of the cost, but they've all switched back
> now.

I'd happily agree with that statement (although we're on the Home 1000,
and we have had problems with moves - but each time they've been BT's
fault, not Zen's).

Their service is great, never had a problem with downtime or more
general service issues, I run a home server at the end of it (Web, Mail,
etc.), which they don't have a problem with plus you get a permenant
static address (which you can control the reverse DNS on).

Also, they have a good set of Forums with many Linux users on them (plus
a few Cisco one's too which helped me with my 837! :))

  Jonathan Wright                                 mail at djnauk.co.uk
                                                http://djnauk.co.uk

  cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

  2.6.17-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+