[SWLUG] Broadband

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 01:04:31 UTC 2007

Glenn Booth wrote:
> and if your account is 'uncapped' they mean it (but they don't
> seem to sell those anymore - our account is two years old). I run two
> servers and regular big torrent sessions and they've never been
> bothered, even if the line is flat-out for 48 hours straight.

Actually, that's not quite true any more (at least not on the Home
packages, which I'm on):

"On 1st March 2007 we are going to introduce a monthly usage allowance
on all Home 1000 and Home 2000 broadband services. The usage allowance
will be 100 gigabytes (GB) per month.

HOW WILL THIS CHANGE AFFECT ME?
Your peak usage over the last 3 months was 55 GB so this change will not
affect you unless you increase your usage to over 100 GB. If you are
likely to increase your usage to over 100 GB per month you have the
option of either paying for the additional usage at £1.49 (inc VAT) per
GB, or switching to one of our unlimited services (Office 500 / 1000 /
2000 / 8000 Max)."

  Jonathan Wright                                 mail at djnauk.co.uk
                                                http://djnauk.co.uk

  cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

  2.6.17-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+