[SWLUG] ot: hard disk recovery

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 00:06:50 UTC 2007

my brothers hard drive has failed badly, it spins but refuses to give up any
information returning read errors upon every access, listening to my brothers
story i believe that something electronic has burnt out and that the only
hope for recovery is one of those expensive labs that swap out boards from
working drives and even sometimes remove platters in clean rooms, bro's data
isn't worth that much (he marries next week and the drive has his 'wedding
plans' on it, not sure what that says!), but i was wondering, there being
quite a geek collection on this list, if there was someone who did have some
equipment that might help - all i have is standard pc stuff to plug the drive
into i.e. a mobo :) or someone training/dabbling in forensic stuff who wanted
to practice on a drive that has been given up for dead, then maybe something
could be worked out? feel free to email direct.

bascule
--
"Attack pattern alpha-omega-atari...go!" - Blossom