[SWLUG] ot: looking for pci sound card that works in dos

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Jun 28 08:03:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, bascule wrote:

> a non linux question, but does anyone have an old pci sound card they no
> longer want that they know works in dos?

"Works in DOS" is rather ambiguous - DOS doesn't have drivers so it's up
to the individual applications to drive the hardware directly.  Creative's
SoundBlaster cards were the defacto standard, but from what I remember PCI
cards weren't that well supported by most programs since at the time PCI
was coming in, DOS was rapidly going out in favour of Win95.

--

  - Steve