[SWLUG] 2 Help! problems booting

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 20:05:37 UTC 2007

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk wrote:
> I made no deliberate software changes what so ever.
> I just swapped the drives.

You said that drive 3 was for more Linux data, so you must have mounted
it within Linux. Did it have a permanent mount line in fstab, or did you
mount it on the fly when you needed it?

I think you may be having a problem with the system automatically trying
to mount the drive, but can't. Plus, depending on the last two values of
the line in fstab can define what the system should do if there's an error.

  Jonathan Wright                                 mail at djnauk.co.uk
                                                http://djnauk.co.uk

  cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

  2.6.17-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+