[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 17:46:57 UTC 2008

Hi peter

    Peter> Hmm.  No.  It just seems to hang after loads of error messages similar
    Peter> to my previous and then this:

    Peter> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Peter> Playing
    Peter> mms://s4c.unique-media.tv/s4c_uk/bsm/hsbc_jazz_aberhonddu___catrin_finch_ai0000803d21b8.wmv?sami=http://www.s4c.co.uk/sami/A290559874.smi.
    Peter> STREAM_ASF, URL:
    Peter> mms://s4c.unique-media.tv/s4c_uk/bsm/hsbc_jazz_aberhonddu___catrin_finch_ai0000803d21b8.wmv?sami=http://www.s4c.co.uk/sami/A290559874.smi
    Peter> Resolving s4c.unique-media.tv for AF_INET...  Connecting to
    Peter> server s4c.unique-media.tv[74.53.143.210]: 1755...  Connected
    Peter> file object, packet length = 4850 (4850) unknown object
    Peter> unknown object unknown object stream object, stream ID: 1
    Peter> stream object, stream ID: 2 unknown object data object mmst
    Peter> packet_length = 4850 Cache size set to 64 KBytes Stream not
    Peter> seekable!

    Peter> --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Peter> Still, if it works for you, it's obviously OK - just not on
    Peter> my system.  Catrin Finch will just have to wait.

It does *appear* to hang if you use the dumpstream option - that's
because it is streaming it to disk.

Check the directory that you ran it in - there should be a file
"stream.dump" in there.  If you check from another xterm it should be
getting larger.

Also, try it without the dumpstream option - you should see it in real
time then.

Pete