[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 4 17:55:04 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Pete Phillips:
> <snip />
> It does *appear* to hang if you use the dumpstream option - that's
> because it is streaming it to disk.
>
> Check the directory that you ran it in - there should be a file
> "stream.dump" in there.  If you check from another xterm it should be
> getting larger.

You're absolutely correct.  I've left it running.  50Mb at the moment.

> Also, try it without the dumpstream option - you should see it in real
> time then.

Tried that.  Real time was unwatchable.  Said my connection was too
slow.  Must need you to be connected directly into the South Wales MAN,
'cos my DSL connection isn't that bad.  Well, it works for watching the
rugby highlights on the BBC site.

Cheers

Peter