[SWLUG] Swansea meet

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 09:40:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:16 +0000, Mark Summerfield wrote:
> On 2008-01-17, matt wrote:
> > > I'll come along... how do we recognise each other?
> >
> > The easiest way I've found is by the wearing of geeky t-shirts.  I
> > know its a bit stereotypical, but I'll try and remember to wear my
> > megatokyo t-shirt and I've got glasses and long brown hair.
>
> OK. I'll try to wear a Trolltech T-shirt ("code less, create more").
> My hair style is naturally what monks achieve by shaving the top of
> their heads and I have that unshaved look. I'll also probably have a
> ruck sack and I'll try to remember to hold a book in my hand.
>
> > Or maybe bring along a tux cuddly toy?  Or similar?  A linux mag on
> > the end of the table?
>
> Don't have those:-)
>
> > Also, are there multiple floors too the pub?  If so we could specify a
> > floor?
>
> Don't know, never been there.

We have met on the ground floor of the No-sign in the past. People tend
to  accumulate towards the back where there are some tables. This is
just beyond the bar that is there. There is actually an upstairs room.
I only discovered this recently when attending another function as it is
not very obvious.

It is a pretty decent traditional pub and eatery and is by Salubrious
Passage which is a tiny passage through to the back of the buildings.

I may get a chance to walk past there today. In which case I will check
to see that it is still open for business.

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk