[SWLUG] Swansea meet - the aftermath

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:29:32 UTC 2008

1. Meeting

All went well, around a dozen in attendance.  It was good to put some
faces to names, only to forget and need to be reminded again at the
end of the night :-)

Anyone in favour of doing this again?  Given we have Carmarthen on a
third Tuesday and Cardiff on a first Wednesday, it may be worth
thinking about another night, and that the fourth anything probably
isn't a good idea.

2. Other events

Also raised was the matter of non-pub events.  There seemed to be a
lot of interest in holding an event similar to the legendary lightning
talks or the awareness event we held { n: n>3 } years ago - both of
which are on the perennial to-do list.  Lots of people expressed an
interest in such events, nobody seemed committed to actually
organising it (so sky still blue, water still wet).  I believe there
may be some notes from previous lightning talks on www.swlug.org.

Anyone willing to pick up the baton on this?

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities