[SWLUG] recommendations for a netbook...

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Thu Dec 17 09:47:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

Any recommendations for a netbook?

- I'd prefer one with Linux preinstalled, but I've installed Linux on my
  other machines (which came with Windows), so one that is
  Linux-friendly is sufficient.

- I want it to be silent! No fans, ideally no or low keypress noise.

- Decent battery life would be nice.

I mostly want to use it as a notebook since my handwriting's awful &
paper notes are easy to lose.

I did look at the Dell Mini 10v with 16GB SSD which looks good (with a 6
cell battery) at ~£300 incl.

Thanks.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy