[SWLUG] Lightning talks / regular 'talkie' meetings

matt matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Sat Feb 21 21:15:53 UTC 2009

Dafydd Walters wrote:

> Instead of doing both right away, why not kick off the first Swansea
> meet with the lightning talks?
>
> Just a thought.

Not a bad idea, but personally I specifically want to run some lightning
talks in Cardiff.  I ran the last lot in Swansea and while it did get
good attendance, I'd like to get something done for all the Cardiff
regulars.

Geraint Edwards wrote:
> Can I ask that we continue with the website/wiki as focal point for this:
> go to http://swlug.org and click on Wiki (on the left) - and go into the
> thread 'Lightning Talks'.
>
> On the wiki, you can request and offer talks - and gauge responses.  I'm
> all for discussion on this list, but I'd also like the website updated
> (I'm happy to update it, if the list remains the focal point).

Yup, please update the website with requests (and let ping the list to
let me know).  I know there are lots of lurkers, but it would be nice if
a few more people would pop and go, 'yeah I'll come to this'.  I know
I'll get some of the regular 8-10 Cardiff people, but are there any
others interested?

>> Would people prefer a bi-monthly Swansea meeting located in say the
>> Meeting House which is the SWLUG 'technical' meeting
>>

> That's a very good idea.  My feeling is that quarterly may be better?

I'm happy to experiment with frequency.  I'm hoping to get a schedule
drawn out so we can get some publicity in the linux mags and on
websites.   I will draw one up once I've talked to the venue about
possible dates.  As I'm thinking of using the  Swansea meeting house,
we'll most likely have to take something on the Saturday afternoon.
Depends on when I can book rooms.

Cheers,

Matt