[SWLUG] Event organisation meeting/ ? fun

plebs.col at virgin.net plebs.col at virgin.net
Sun Jan 25 10:23:58 UTC 2009

Is there a precise meaning to FLOSS?

I suspect that a USB memory stick with a self starting  Linux OS  properly
presented could intrigue a lot of school children..

  Such a stick could be self reproducing once made available.

Could update its own operating system whenever connected to the web?

Put in a copy of the CIA manual on the Analysis of Intelligence (that is
public on their web) and we could get a generation able to think straight.

A problem is that the brightest might then be recruited by the  CIA.  But
ambitious Parents might be persuaded that it increases the chance of
gainful employment anywhere.

With the UK New Labour Govt sold out to Monopoly Capitalism and building
Microsoft into the UK Government system, it becomes the duty of every
Patriot to see that non US software becomes the norm.

It is a bit odd for me to become a EUROPEAN (fell out of Plaid Cymru over
that) jingoist calling for Linux and Opera, and having to ask about the
security risk of the Czeck Grisoft falling into US hands.  etc.

Ilyan