[SWLUG] Event organisation meeting/ ? fun

swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 26 20:37:37 UTC 2009

As far as support, as it is more for using by the children in the
classroom support 'shouldn't' be much of an issue, if it is old hardware
you just write it off, otherwise support could be volunteered.

If a model could be made to work, what is stopping a competitor for IT
services from being formed as a nonprofit for this kind of scenario?  I
know it's a a broad overview but if it's a free or nearly free PC with
free software and minimal support for noncritical purposes, that is a
valid niche?

Just my thoughts, I want to evangelise, have the free time currently and
my kids go there so it makes sense to help.  I'll relay feedback as I
get it.

Paul Connell

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:31:49 +0000, "Peter Bradley"