[SWLUG] SWLUG Meeting in Carmarthen

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Jul 21 21:32:17 UTC 2009

Dominic Greer wrote:
> Can I ask that in future the staff at the pub know about the meeting.  I
> came along for the first time tonight and asked at the bar about the
> meeting but neither of the bar staff knew anything about it.  As I
> didn't know anyone and the pub was reasonably busy with no group
> standing out, I ended up driving back to Swansea after being there 20
> minutes or so.  Not what I hoped for.  I would like to come to the next
> meeting however.
>
> Dominic

Sorry to hear that.  We don't tell pub staff that we're meeting there.
The best way to find people is basically going round asking suitably
geeky people if they're the LUG.  Yes, it's not perfect and it can be
slightly embarrassing.  However it's better than a wasted journey.  Also
I would strongly advise that you post up saying you're coming along to
the meeting.  Then you can hopefully arrange some method of knowing who
is there.

It is unfortunate that this happens, as I know it's happened in the
past, so I strongly advise all lurkers/first time attendee's to post up
on here if you're going to a meeting and you don't know anyone.  You may
well find you can get a lift or that you'll get a mobile number in case
you can't spot people.

The pictures Sam mentioned don't seem massively up to date, so if you
are a current attendee, please feel free chuck your mugshot up there.

Cheers,

Matt