[SWLUG] new website

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Wed Jun 3 09:46:42 UTC 2009

> Taking everything on board, I think we should just concentrate on
> getting a copy of Drupal up and looking decent.  Hopefully we can also
> get a mailing list <-> forum gateway going and a wiki up there.
I councur.

In my head the initial short-list of things to do in no particular
order:
* looking decent - aka some decent and usable visuals
   requires a theme - custom or from the contrib
* ml-forum bridge
   requires a configuring a couple of contributed modules
     mailmanager, listmanager and optionally mailman
* meeting scheduling/reminders -
   for automatic ones we might need to write the code
* planet - feed aggregator - would be good if we tie it in with the user
profile, the latter part requires a bit custom code, not a majour
endevour.
* stuff we get out of the box like blogs, tags/keywords, polls
* irc logs
  IMHO the best would be to write a simple filter, similar to the
various syntax highlighting ones, and pasting the log cutouts into the
post

I could do all of the above, but it will take time. If anyone wants to
volunteer to do any of the above, I promise to help as much as I can.

Apart from developing a custom theme, which is never easy to do well,
the rest is really straightforward.

The rest could be added on the go.